What marketing techniques do you find to be the most successful at reaching new clients?
When creating a marketing campaign, how do you ensure that your work is set apart from the competition?
I work full-time with Bitpool team.. So I am not actively marketing my skills or looking for clients to freelance. Having said that, I have had clients and recruiters reach out to me for jobs because of certain things I do.
1. Up-to-date LinkedIn Profile – This seem to attract recruiters who feel my profile fits what their client have in mind.
2. Having a Portfolio with my work – This seems to attract fellow designers and clients who like my style and want to work with me.
3. Guest or Personal Blogging – Establishes me as a Subject matter expert
4. Social Media Interactions, Esp. Twitter – Talking about my industry again establishes my expertise in the field and attracts peers, managers, startup founders, etc..
5. Dribbble/ Behance – Showcase of my work. Attracts clients who want to work with me either because of my style of design or for the knowledge of the industries I have worked with.